NADA Used Car Guide, now J.D. Power Valuation Services - FAQ's
8401 Greensboro Drive, Suite 1000
McLean, VA 22102

How do I claim tax exempt status?

Without properly executed documentation or other permitted exemption forms on file, we are required to collect applicable sales and use tax in the state in which our products are delivered.

If your company is tax exempt, please provide one of the following executed documents:

  • Exemption Certificate - provide if your company is claiming tax exempt status.
  • Direct Pay Permit – company self-assesses and remits the sales/use tax directly to state.
  • Resale Certificate - if you claim our sale to you is for resale.
  • Other forms of proof permitted by law for Federal Credit Unions – a Letter of Exemption template is available on the NCUA website.

Please reference your account Customer Identification number, and e-mail the document(s) to or fax to (866) 438-6232. 

If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate contact our customer service department at (800) 596-2767.

Article Feedback
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
User Icon

Thank you! Your comment has been submitted for review.

About this Article
Related Articles