The problem could be related to caching. First, clear the browser cache and retry the operation:
- Windows: Press Control + F5 key (Windows)
- Mac: Option + Shift + R
- Android: Click on the menu button (three dots in the top right corner). Click on Clear Browsing Data on the bottom.
Otherwise, the VIN Precision+ button is disabled in the following situations:
- The VIN provided is not in our VIN Precision+ database.
- Your account customer administrator has disabled access to this function for the entire account or to all User Groups to which the user id belongs, or you selected “Do not ask again” and clicked No Thanks when asked to confirm the additional lookup charge on a previous VIN Precision+ lookup.
- The VIN does not pass the Checksum calculation of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Since our primary VIN decode uses the VIN Pattern, we will display a warning when the input VIN doesn’t pass the CheckSum calculation but will decode if you select Confirm.
- Since the VIN Precision+ requires a valid VIN to match, this function will be disabled if the input VIN doesn’t pass the CheckSum.
- The vehicle selected from the primary VIN decode function is not currently valued in NADA Values Online guidebooks. VIN Precision+ functionality will not be available if there is insufficient data to value a vehicle.